Scvngr – The Next Level
The check-in application that asks users to complete activity challenges, just announced a strategic partnership with major drink distributor Coca Cola http://www.coca-cola.com/index.jsp . The two have joined forces to give users who check-in to certain Simon Malls http://www.simon.com/ across United States the opportunity to earn points and rewards like gift cards and other Coke-branded merchandise.
Starting Friday, November 26, Scvngr users who check-in at one of the malls will be prompted to complete the new Coke Secret Formula Challenges. Some of the challenges include tasks like having a friend snap a photo of you high-fiving a fellow mall patron (bonus points if your target is drinking a Coke) or snapping a photo of hiding locations throughout the mall (maybe that’s where the Coke Secret Formula is hidden).
- Scvngr Won’t Be Outdone, Gets Its Own Major Drink Distributor (nytimes.com)
- Location-Based Cola Wars: Pepsi, Coke, Foursquare and SCVNGR (readwriteweb.com)
- SCVNGR goes global with check-in service (intomobile.com)
- Foursquare Competitor SCVNGR Debuts in NYC (observer.com)
- SCVNGR Location Based Game Platform (futurelab.net)