Restaurant Service Robot – Recognizing Users’ Intention
In the near future, the service robots will come into human society such as home, office, and restaurant. In order to make the service robots sociable for better service, the robots should have to interact with humans. We aim to develop emotionally interactive service robot in the restaurant service area using emotional human-robot interaction technologies which have been researched in our group. This movie clip shows our emotionally interactive restaurant service robot scenario.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
The practical interactive service robot have to integrate many robot technologies. We are focusing on these research objectives below, and integrate the technologies to implement the practical restaurant service robot system.
- Mobile robot platform with robust stability and high mobility in the service area.
- Path recognition and planning via points in the service area
- Restaurant service integrated software system from registering guests to controlling robot
- Restaurant service by robot such as menu ordering and beverage service
- Human recognition, tracking, and human’s intention recognition for situation assessment
- University of Maryland robotics open house (makezine.com)
- Dancing robot swan triggers emotions (eurekalert.org)