Reverse Image Search – TinEye
TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions.
TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. It is free to use for non-commercial searching.
TinEye regularly crawls the web for new images, and we also accept contributions of complete online image collections. To date, TinEye has indexed 1,755,901,479 images from the web.
TinEye developed by Idée Inc., an advanced image recognition and visual search software company. Besides TinEye Idée develops several other image recognition based products and services used by the world’s leading imaging firms:
- PixID – editorial image monitoring for the news and entertainment photo industry. Clients include Associated Press, Agence France Press, Splash News
- Piximilar – visual similarity search for large image collections. Clients include Adobe Systems and Masterfile.
- PixMatch – automated image matching and deduplication service. Clients include eBay, Getty Images, Digg, iStockphoto, M6, SmileTrain, Photoshelter.
- TinEye API – commercial TinEye searching using image identification. Clients include eBay, iStockphoto, Spreadshirt, ClusterShot
Idée is an independent, privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
- TinEye: What’s in a name? (ideeinc.com)